Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Antique Bronze Post Earring Tutorial With Glass Cabochon Over Pink & White Checkered Circle

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to start my first post with a tutorial for you. All of my tutorials will include items that can be bought in my Etsy supply store. I will also include a link to that item in my Etsy jewelry store if you prefer to just buy the item instead of making it yourself.

This is the item we will be making today:

If you prefer to buy these earrings you can find them here: Pink & White Checkered Earrings

Supplies: (Supplies link to my Etsy supply store if you wish to purchase these supplies)

Prep: 
  • You will want to protect the surface that you are working on with paper or plastic. 
  • Make sure the work area is well ventilated because the E-6000 glue is some nasty stuff.

Directions:


  • Apply a small amount of Mod Podge or Diamond glaze to the back of the glass cabochons. You only need a small amount and be sure to spread it evenly with your brush

It should look like this:

  • Place cabochons on to pink & white checkered circles, glue side down.
  • Press firmly on the cabochon until all air bubbles are gone. Some of the glue may leak out, just wipe it away. 

They should look like this:

  • Now paint the back of the cabochons with more Mod Podge to seal the paper. If ou skip this step, the E6000 glue may cause the ink to bleed. It doesn't matter if there are brush marks but try to get a nice even coat. Wait for this to completely dry before moving to the next step. 

  • Place a very small amount of E-6000 glue in the earring tray. Using a toothpick spread the glue around to create an even coating of glue. Only put a small amount, otherwise you will have lots of glue leak everywhere and make a mess.



  • Press your cabochons in to the earring tray and press firmly. A small amount of glue may squeeze out but it is easily wiped away. You are finished! Let the earrings dry, preferably over night, before wearing them.  


Related links:
Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make my own earrings, definitely going to give it a go now! I'm sad you won't be blogging nail art anymore- your amazing blog was the reason I go into nail art and started my own blog- but I'm so glad you're back with awesome tutorials! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice! You can also make these earrings without the paper and instead use your favorite nail polish. You can just paint the polish on the back of the glass cabochon and then follow the rest of the steps. They look great with a great holo polish! Tomorrow I will be listing sets of the earring settings and cabochons so you can put any design or picture in them!

    Thanks so much for following! It is greatly appreciated! Let me know if there is anything in my jewelry store that you would like to see a tutorial for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial!! I will be watching for future projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you use any type of paper? Or is there a certain type?

    ReplyDelete